Blue Inspiration In The Now

Blue Inspiration In The Now

24 June 2012

The Charge






The Charge
by Brendon Burchard


Activating The 10 Human Drives
that Make You Feel Alive


Meet the Chargers
1) Chargers are open and observant in the moment
2) Chargers are future oriented
3) Chargers are challenge seekers
4) Charges are deeply interested in, and 
    authentically connect with others
5) Chargers are self-reliant
6) Chargers are creatively driven
7) Chargers are meaning makers


The 10 Human Drives
1) If I've felt caged or too comfortable in my recent life,
    it's probably because ...
2) If I'm going to start experiencing a more Charged Life, 
    I would have to ...
3) Of all the traits of Chargers, 
   the one I could better integrate or amplify in my life
   would be ...


Section I: The Five Baseline Drivers
1) The Drive for CONTROL


1) If I were to live at a higher level of character
   and maintain a more positive outlook, 
   I would have to begin ...
2) Two things I could schedule in my calendar right now
   to 'control for new' and introduce novelty and challenge 
   into my life are ...
3) A project that I could get involved in 
    or create immediately that would allow me to be more fully
   invested in my work and shepherd a project from 
   beginning to end would be ...


2) The Drive for COMPETENCE


1) One area I would have to develop more skill and competence in
    if I am going to make my dream future come true is ...
2) A 60-days speed-learning challenge I'm going to give myself is ...
3) One of the ways I'm going to start celebrating my wins
   and integrating my success into identity is to ...


3) The Drive for CONGRUENCE


1) To live my 6-words standards each day,
    the behaviors I would have to stop or start in my life
    to be more congruent with them are ...
2) 3 things I could do everyday to better manage my mood
    so I can have a grater day-to-day congruence in how I feel are ...
3) 5 Commitments I'm going to make and keep in the next 60 days are ...


4) The Drive for CARING


1) 5 ways I'm going to start taking better care of myself include ...
2) If I were willing to be more vulnerable in life, 
    I'd probably start asking for more help 
    in the area of ...
3) 3 ways I'll start demonstrating more care for the people in my life are 
    to ...


5) The Drive for CONNECTION


1) 5 things I could do immediately to crate happier and deeper relationships
    in my life would be ...
2) If I did a better job in positively projecting toward my significant other, 
   I would start to give that person credit for these things ...
3) The growth friends I have in my life or
    will now cultivate include ...






Section II:
The Five Forward Drives


6) The Drive for CHANGE


1) A major change I've been holding back from making 
    in my life because of an expectation of loss, process, or outcome pain is ...
2) A clear and bold new change I could make in my life would be to ...
3) The this-that rules I can apply to this clear and bold new change 
    would be ...


7) The Drive for CHALLENGE


1) The next big and bold challenge 
    I'm going to take on in my life is to ...
2) If I stopped fearing rejection, 
    a challenge I would have taken on earlier in my life 
    would have been to ...
3) The 30-days challenges I could set for myself 
     over the next 12 months include ...


8) The Drive for CREATIVE EXPRESSION


1) To show more of me and express myself more creatively
    at home and at work, I will ...
2) To be more inspired by people and design in my life, 
    I could start ...
3) The next thing I'm going to physically create and share
    with the world will be ...


9) The Drive for CONTRIBUTION


1) I feel I contribute to the world around me by ...
2) A new and deeply meaningful giving experience
    I'd like to create is ...
3) Someone who could use my mentoring is ...


10) The Drive for CONSCIOUSNESS


1) If I were more aware and directive of my consciousness in life, 
    my life would change in these ways ...
2) To connect with a higher consciousness on a more regular basis,
    I could ...
3) The things that inspire my wonder about the world and my place it it
    include ...










Wow
What an insightful book
To live a Charged Life
Is a choice
Is a mindset
Is an attitude
It's within our power







No comments:

Post a Comment